Scientific Data Analyst – Informatics
Nurix, Inc. is a science-minded, goal-oriented organization that is focused on bringing novel, first-in-class therapies to patients. Nurix is a leader in discovering a new class of drugs that work by modulating the ubiquitin proteasome system (UPS). The UPS is a regulatory network that controls protein stabilization and degradation, a function vital to the healthy life of a cell, uncovering therapeutic opportunities in multiple disease areas. The Nurix scientific team has established an innovative drug discovery platform to enable the discovery of selective small molecule inhibitors or activators of the UPS, enabling the discovery of new class of drugs that can restore normal cellular homeostasis. In September 2015, Nurix entered into a multiyear collaboration with Celgene for the discovery and development of next-generation therapies targeting protein homeostasis. The collaboration encompasses oncology, immunology and inflammation, including the rapidly evolving field of immuno-oncology. Nurix was founded by internationally recognized experts in the ubiquitin proteasome field and is funded by leading life science investors, Third Rock Ventures, The Column Group, and a multi-year strategic collaboration with Celgene. The company is based in San Francisco, California.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Scientist to lead and support implementing data assessment and decision systems for biological assays: High-throughput Screening (HTS), in vitro and cellular, in vitro and in vivo ADME and toxicology. This person will establish and support the models and processes used to assess the quality of data, the statistical methods to apply, the criteria for selection of hits, and the capture of decisions why particular methods were selected. This individual will work closely with a team of interdisciplinary scientist and would be providing insights to other scientist to leverage scientific and information systems to record and drive the decisions of the teams. The ideal candidate will be self-driven, resourceful, very organized and focused, and enjoy working in a dynamic team environment.
• Understand raw data from low-throughput in vitro and high-throughput screening (HTS) assays
• Create automated scripts to process assay data into analysis-ready results including consideration to outliers, edge effects, controls, and methods to calculate IC50 and EC50
• Assist scientists with statistical analysis and interpretation of results into decisions, including pass/fail of target hit, compound confirmation, and activities in counter screens
• Develop, refine, and deploy models to visualize single and multiple data sets in order to streamline the decision-making process with scientists and leaders
• Present meaningful, easy-to-understand, consistent visualizations incorporating statistical assessment of data quality with comparisons among methods, data sets, and assay conditions
• Analyze historical trends across targets and share insight into classes of action and promiscuity
• Discuss/Document workflow and requirements of scientists into action items
• Assist in the proper storage and retrieval of information to/from databases
• Ph.D. in Computational Biology, Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Statistics, or related field with 3+ year’s post-degree experience. Master’s degree candidate with 8+ years’ experience would also be considered.
Š Experience with multivariate statistical techniques, algorithms, and packages to handle systematic and random error in multiple types of biological experiments and implement them in data analysis workflow
Š Knowledge of appropriate models to filter and fit multi-dimensional, chemical and assay data as well as assess the quality of the data being reviewed
Š Expertise in comprehensive data analysis with commercial scripting tools such as Pipeline Pilot and decision tools such as Dotmatics’ Vortex and TIBCO Spotfire
Š Ability to use statistical packages such as R, JMP, Minitab, and ProMV
Š Ability to code algorithms using formal (e.g., Java) or scripting (e.g., Python) languages
• The successful candidate will be aligned to Nurix’ culture and values; he/she will be team oriented and highly collaborative with a hands-on approach
• The candidate should be enthusiastic, driven, have the ability to work independently and thrive in a dynamic start-up environment
Please apply by sending your CV to www.nurix-inc.com/careers/