Research and Development
Currently, we seek a Sr. Biostatistician. This is a home based position working primarily with a team of other home-based individuals who are located in the San Francisco Bay area of California. Applicants from anywhere in the US will be considered with preference given to those located in Northern California.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8am – 4:30pm, Day shift
*Salary dependent upon experience*
REQ # 3769257
Employee Health at Quest Diagnostics has accountability for managing our employee health plans which provide healthcare benefits to over 60,000 individuals with an overall cost exceeding $400 million annually. Core goals are the development of programs which enable high quality healthcare and lower costs for Quest and our Employees.
The Sr. Biostatistician will work as part of a team responsible for analyzing health plan costs and utilization trends, quality of care (process and outcomes measures), efficiency and practice pattern variation, and other relevant performance metrics. The position will also provide statistical support to general R&D and Medical Affairs projects as needed. The position will play an active role in project conceptualization, methodological design, data extraction and analysis for the Company.
1. Analyzes health plan performance of multiple levels of provider aggregation including measures reflecting cost efficiency, clinical effectiveness and other parameters.
2. Help develop statistical analysis plans for a wide variety of study types.
3. Evaluate the quality of statistical analysis plans proposed by outside organizations.
4. Incorporates metrics and benchmarks (both internal and external) to proactively identify and evaluate both leading and trailing indicators of medical management/health services processes resulting cost, quality and utilization trends.
5. Develops methodology for consistency and validity checking to assure accurate and meaningful results; Maintains data management process documentation as part of routine QA.
6. Performs ad hoc analyses and other duties and projects as assigned.
7. Writes analysis plans and portions of methods and results sections of manuscripts and reports
á Master's degree in statistics or biostatistics.
á 5+ years of business experience.
á Must be proficient in Microsoft, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
á Proficiency in either R or SAS, both preferred
á Experience with basic statistical procedures including chi-square tests, t-tests, generalized linear models, survival analysis, Monte Carlo simulations and multiple testing issues
á Familiarity with common database structures and query languages such as SQL, SAS, and/or other similar analytical programs
á Experience working with large data sets on remote servers
á Keen attention to detail
á Strong critical thinking, analytic and problem-solving skills
á Excellent organizational skills
á Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
á Customer focused
á Team player
á Willing to check the work of other analysts and to courteously point out potential problems
á Willing to have his or her own work checked by other analysts and to graciously consider their suggestions
á Commitment to excellence
á Continuous learning environment
á A personal presence characterized by honesty, integrity and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others.
á Knows, understands, incorporates and demonstrates the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and company values in behaviors, practices and decisions.
Physical Activities and Working Conditions:
á Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
á Able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis.
á Able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone.
á Able to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally.